eQuest 3.65 - WLHP with Meters

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

All;
I have a configuration where I will have WSHP?s ? but the loop will be tempered with a Landlord/utility Steam and Condenser Water System. According to the help files I should be able to assign a Steam meter to a WLHP Loop?but that isn?t being allowed? Any ideas why?

Second Issue is that Condenser Water Meter isn?t a thing. So, my thought is to use a Heat Rejection Tower with a flat response Curve, assigned to its own utility rate, and tune from there. Does anyone have any alternatives or other ideas? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
DARIC R. ADAIR PE, C.E.M.
Mechanical Engineer, Energy Analyst

[HEI logo]

Henderson Engineers, Inc. ?
8345 Lenexa Drive, Suite 300 Lenexa, KS 66214
dir 913 742 5530? tel 913 742 5000? fax 913 742 5001? tx id #F-001236? www.hei-eng.com

Licensed in KS.?
Sending me large files? Please use my HEI DropBox
[Facebook Logo]

[Twitter Logo]

[Linkedin Logo]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Henderson Engineers, Inc. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify administrator at hei-eng.com.

via Equest-users's picture

Hi

I had a similar case : I have declared an electric boiler and a cooling tower on the WL, and add meters for post processing hourly results.

1 meter ?net hourly loop load? OR 2 meters ?assigned load? on each source

Hope that helps

Carole LEHMANN
Ing?nieur ? Charg?e d??tude
P?le Simulation

ALTO Ing?nierie
66, cours Charlemagne
69002 Lyon
Tel +33 4 72 82 86 88
www.alto-ingenierie.fr

De : Equest-users [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] De la part de Daric Adair via Equest-users
Envoy? : mardi 16 mai 2017 22:38
? : equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Objet : [Equest-users] eQuest 3.65 - WLHP with Meters

All;
I have a configuration where I will have WSHP?s ? but the loop will be tempered with a Landlord/utility Steam and Condenser Water System. According to the help files I should be able to assign a Steam meter to a WLHP Loop?but that isn?t being allowed? Any ideas why?

Second Issue is that Condenser Water Meter isn?t a thing. So, my thought is to use a Heat Rejection Tower with a flat response Curve, assigned to its own utility rate, and tune from there. Does anyone have any alternatives or other ideas? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
DARIC R. ADAIR PE, C.E.M.
Mechanical Engineer, Energy Analyst

Henderson Engineers, Inc. ?
8345 Lenexa Drive, Suite 300 Lenexa, KS 66214
dir 913 742 5530? tel 913 742 5000? fax 913 742 5001? tx id #F-001236? www.hei-eng.com

Licensed in KS.?
Sending me large files? Please use my HEI DropBox

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Henderson Engineers, Inc. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify administrator at hei-eng.com.

Another idea is to use the LAKE/WELL loop, which allows you to schedule
CW supply temps. Use hourly report of load on loop to determine energy
that needs to be supply or rejected by the campus equipment.