Energy modeling @ ASHRAE 90.1

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi to all,

I am new using E-Quest.

Is there an online guideline for modeling projects with E-Quest 3.63
according to ASHRAE 90.1 2007 Appendix G?

I've been assigned to do the modeling for a LEED v3 registered hotel.

Thank you for your support.

Dennis.

Dennis La Touche's picture

Dennis:

Sorry, not to my knowledge.

ASHRAE 90.1, Appendix G tells you?WHAT to include in a model (any model, eQuest, EnergyPlus, TRACE, etc). You will need to play with eQuest to determine HOW it goes into this particular?model.

DO make two models, though. An "As Designed" model with everything your building has in it. Then modify the Windows, walls, roof, lighting LPD, HVAC EERs and HSPFs to come up with the Base model. Then compare the two.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM

John Aulbach's picture

Thanks John.

Actually my concern is if E-Quest has any capability of automatically generate the baseline building taking the information provided in the proposed model.

Recently that strategy can be possible with HAP 4.5 and also the reports are generated exactly as requested by USGBC, so you save time in creating the baseline building, but I have some difficulties in generating certain models with HAP (daylight, PV systems, etc.) so I would like to try with E-Quest.

I appreciate your comments.

Ing. Dennis La Touche Arbizu

Dennis La Touche's picture

Dennis,

eQuest does not presently have this capability (the next version due to be released in the coming weeks would be able to generate some Baseline base model, according to one of the eQuest developers). You will have to create the Baseline by yourself; however, usually, it does not take time, because eQuest has everything you need to create very quickly a Baseline.

Demba Ndiaye's picture