Unmet Load hours

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anybody have any advice on unmet load hours? I have a large file (300 rooms +) and I am getting about 400 unmet hours in a couple rooms. Any advice at all?
makenzi's picture
eQUEST UserTRACE 700 User
Q: What is the delta T between your room setpoints and the 'night setback' temperatures? I find a lot of unmet hours due to this. But also, are you hard keying in the supply air rate, supply air temp, and not giving any wiggle room for something to take precedence? Also, look at your schedules for occupancy. When I use the NREL's schedules in lieu of the program's (I use Trace700), or guessing 100% occupied during 9-5, may be excessive. 90.1 allows you to use any reasonable schedule, in which NREL's is a great start to use. New stuff coming: 90.1-2010 will only require that both Proposed and Baseline Designs be under the 300 Unmet hour threshold, they no longer require a delta 50 unmet between the two, pheww now that takes a big burden off. GL.

Be Sustainable -- Never let today use up tomorrow!.

Bobba_Fett's picture
Call (608-787-3926) or email (cdshelp@trane.com) Trane CDS Support. They've written a document with 6 or 7 strategies to help reduce them. I know they'll review files too and find what's causing them.
tracewindu's picture
LEED EA Credit 1 TrainingTRACE 700 User
Did you check if they were all on the same system? Or are they all on the same type of room?

The Biggest thing is to check for commonalities among the rooms with unmet hours
Emmi's picture
eQUEST UserTRACE 700 User