=?iso-8859-1?q?LEED=3A_modelling_a_double_fa=E7ade?=

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Dear all,

I am modelling a building with Equest and I would like to know as Equest is not so efficient modelling passive system if I can use EnergyPlus for the double-fa?ade only and after add the results of E+ to the one of Equest.

Thanks

Regards

Amandine Gal

Gal, Amandine's picture

Amandine,

We have had success (with a ventilated facade DSF configuration) using
an approach similar to what you're proposing. The challenge with it and
other configurations depends on the interaction of the DSF and the
building spaces. We coupled eQUEST, TRNSYS, COMIS, and wind tunnel test
data to achieve what seems to be a reasonable solution, especially for
the purposes of a cost analysis and LEED documentation.

Regards,

Paul Erickson

Paul Erickson's picture

Hi Paul and Amandine

I am working for some time on DSF and I had data both from buildigs and
test cells. Now I have a student using En+ trying to match the collected
data (test cell) and there are some problems. If you have some published
or useable results I would appreciate.

Regards

Fernando

Marques da Silva's picture

Sorry I haven't any data with EnergyPlus. The only thing I know is that EnergyPlus is able to understand that the radiation is passing through both glass layers of the DSF and that now you have the "small" CFD which you can couple to the usual thermal simulation in E+ but I haven't try it.

I think I will follow my idea to create a model in Equest and model the DSF in E+.
Do you think it is a good idea for LEED documentation to make a simulation with Fluent? Because I don't think we will be able to make a wind tunnel test (too expensive).

Regards

Amandine Gal

De : Marques da Silva [mailto:fms at lnec.pt]
Envoy? : 6 ao?t 2009 04:50
? : Paul Erickson
Cc : bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org; Gal, Amandine
Objet : Re: [Bldg-sim] LEED: modelling a double fa?ade

Hi Paul and Amandine

I am working for some time on DSF and I had data both from buildigs and test cells. Now I have a student using En+ trying to match the collected data (test cell) and there are some problems. If you have some published or useable results I would appreciate.

Regards

Fernando

Amandine,

We have had success (with a ventilated facade DSF configuration) using an approach similar to what you're proposing. The challenge with it and other configurations depends on the interaction of the DSF and the building spaces. We coupled eQUEST, TRNSYS, COMIS, and wind tunnel test data to achieve what seems to be a reasonable solution, especially for the purposes of a cost analysis and LEED documentation.

Regards,

Paul Erickson

Dear all,

I am modelling a building with Equest and I would like to know as Equest is not so efficient modelling passive system if I can use EnergyPlus for the double-fa?ade only and after add the results of E+ to the one of Equest.

Thanks

Regards

Amandine Gal

Gal, Amandine's picture

Hey there,

I'm modeling a UFAD system with Air 2 Air Heat Pump in eQuest and thinking about simplifying it to a packaged single zone system. Any issues by using this approach?

Phylroy Lopez

Lopez, Phylroy's picture