=?gb18030?b?u9i4tKO6ILvYuLSjuiAgTW9kZWxsaW5nIGhlYXRp?= =?gb18030?q?ng?=

1 post / 0 new

You may try to set the fan shcedule value in heating season to -1 to force the fans turn off,and the heating will turn off accordingly.
------------------
Yongqing Zhao
Changsha Green Building & Energy Saving Technology CO.,LTD
NO.438,Shaoshan Road,Changsha,Hunan
Telephone:13574805636
Email:zhaoyongqing1987 at 126.com
503271081 at qq.com

------------------ ???? ------------------
???: "Rathna Shree";;
????: 2015?3?26?(???) ??3:30
???: "????"<503271081 at qq.com>; "Joe huang"; "bldg-sim";

??: Re: ??? [Bldg-sim] Modelling heating

Exactly. Thats the reason, i want to model such a way that heating never switches on and even the zone fans (PFP boxes) never comes on. I am not able to exactly figure out how to do that?

Hi,
According to Ashrae 90.1-2007 Appendix G Table 3.1.10 d "Where no heating system exists or no heating system has been specified, the
heating system classification shall be assumed to be electric, and the system characteristics shall be identical to the system modeled in the baseline building design."So you can not set the heating as not installed.

------------------
Yongqing Zhao
Changsha Green Building & Energy Saving Technology CO.,LTD
NO.438,Shaoshan Road,Changsha,Hunan
Telephone:13574805636
Email:zhaoyongqing1987 at 126.com
503271081 at qq.com

------------------ ???? ------------------
???: "Rathna Shree";;
????: 2015?3?26?(???) ??3:16
???: "Joe Huang"; "bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org";

??: Re: [Bldg-sim] Modelling heating

Thank you Joe Huang. I am using Equest for the simulation. Can we set the heating as not installed for LEED submissions?

It all depends on which simulation program you're using, but all of them should be able to accommodate you very easily. You can either set the Heating Schedule to be never on, and the Heating Setpoint Temperature to something very low, like 10 C (50 F).

Joe
Dear All,

In few of the climatic conditions we work on doesn't require heating at all. The temperature might go little less than 20deg C in winter but heating will definitely not be installed in the project. For these projects, how do we set the heating set point temperatures so that heating never switches on. we are facing issues especially while modelling VAV with PFP boxes in equest (PIU systems). The base case and proposed case heating and fan energy consumption are highly affecting the final savings results. I am looking to avoid this scenario and ensure heating never switches on, therefore zone fans also do not work.

Please guide.

Regards,
Rathnashree

_______________________________________________ Bldg-sim mailing list http://lists.onebuilding.org/listinfo.cgi/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org To unsubscribe from this mailing list send a blank message to BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE at ONEBUILDING.ORG

=?GB2312?B?1dTTwMfg?='s picture