Import schedules into Trace

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Is there a website I can download 8760 Ashrae schedules (occupancy, lighting, etc) and then import them into Trace.  I am doing and energy model and this would save me a lot of time instead of having to import them.

Thanks

dglenn9000's picture

What is the source of your schedules? Can you specify a document?

Are you doing this for EPACT?

Bob F's picture
eQUEST UserLEED EA Credit 1 TrainingTRACE 700 User

Table G-G, User’s Manual for ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007  is the source I typically use.

This is not for EPACT.  I went thru and created a bunch of schedules (lighting , occupancy, misc) and then realized they were set to the default Reduced year and not 8760.   So I'm thinking with all the people that do energy models for leed, there maybe a place that has libraries and schedules you can import.

If you know where other schedules can be found I wouldn't mind taking a look at those as long as I know what standard it is based off of.

thanks for your reply Bob

dglenn9000's picture

Don't waste your time creating full year schedules. You can use reduced year schedules for LEED, provided that your weekdays are consistent. It will automatically account for Holidays. 

LEED requires that you run full year weather - which doesn't mean that you have to run full year schedules. This video demo covers the topic in depth: http://energy-models.com/training/trace-700/understanding-reduced-year-schedules-0

Bob F's picture
eQUEST UserLEED EA Credit 1 TrainingTRACE 700 User

GREAT! I must have misunderstood. I just started to create the schedules too, you saved me a bunch of time.  I watched the video, great info. 

Thanks

dglenn9000's picture