90.1 - leaving air temperature (DX cooling / Economizer)

1 post / 0 new

Hello,

Section 6.5.1.3 of 90.1-2013, requires that the "outdoor air damper does not begin to close to prevent coil freezing due to minimum compressor run time until the leaving air temperature is less than 45?F"

1) I'm not an expert with refrigeration system, and I want make sure that I have the good interpretation of what is the "leaving air" .
A) "Leaving air" is the mixed air (outside air + return air) that leaves the evaporator coil of a DX cooling system, so it's pretty much equivalent to the supply air.
B) "Leaving air" is the air leaving the outdoor air damper, so it's equivalent to the outside air.

2) If the answer is A, based on your experience in the field, have you notice any comfort problem by supplying air at 45?F when the unit setpoint is typically at 55?F ?

Many thanks,

Julien Dutel, ing., CEM, CMVP.
Direction des secteurs r?sidentiel, institutionnel et des affaires
Bureau de l'efficacit? et de l'innovation ?nerg?tiques
Minist?re des Ressources naturelles
5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, B-406
Qu?bec (Qu?bec) G1H 6R1
T?l?phone : 418 627-6379, poste 8060
T?l?phone sans frais : 1 877 727-6655
T?l?copieur : 418 643-5828
http://www.efficaciteenergetique.mrn.gouv.qc.ca

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT?
Ce message est confidentiel. Il est ? l'usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire vis? ou une personne autoris?e ? lui remettre cette communication, vous ?tes par la pr?sente avis? qu'il est express?ment interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer, de le reproduire, d'en d?voiler la teneur ou de prendre quelque mesure fond?e sur l'information qui y est contenue. S'il vous a ?t? envoy? par erreur, veuillez en informer imm?diatement l'exp?diteur par t?l?phone au 418 627-6379 et d?truire ce message ainsi que toute copie de celui-ci.
P Devez-vous vraiment imprimer ce courriel? Si oui, pensez l'imprimer recto-verso!

Julien.Dutel at mern.gouv.qc.ca's picture