Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 27 bytes in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 566 Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 28 bytes in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 566 Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 27 bytes in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 566 Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 29 bytes in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 566 Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 27 bytes in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 566 Invalid argument for parametric runs | Energy-Models.com

Invalid argument for parametric runs

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi All,
I am getting invalid argument error during parametric runs. The baseline run
works, but sometimes the parametric run works, other times it gives the
invalid argument error - this happens on different runs and is not
consistent. I have ended up making separate files for each parametric run,
which works. Any ideas for troubleshooting?
I am using 3.64 and havn't had trouble with it so far (6-7 months), so most
probably something to do with the current file. I did check all the geometry
etc.
Thanks
-Rohini

R B's picture
R B
Offline
Joined: 2011-09-30
Reputation: 4

This sounds similar to, but not exactly the same as, an issue I experienced on a recent project - I think it's an issue with v3.64 and have stopped using parametric runs on projects created in this version.

In my case I had set up parametric runs for the Baseline rotations and started getting BDL read errors on the 90 degree rotation. It was something to the effect of "Error on line 4, column 50, character expected...". Unfortunately, I have no troubleshooting tips because the .prd file looked flawless, but I noticed that the eQUEST project file (.pd2 file) was empty when I opened it with Notepad. Somehow it got wiped out and the project would no longer load. Luckily, I had my Proposed project file, so here's what I did:

1) Copied the Proposed .pd2 file in a new folder, changed the file name to "*** Baseline", then opened the file with Notepad and changed the project name to "*** Baseline" inside the file, too

2) Copied the Baseline .inp file in the same folder

This restored my Baseline to the pre-parametric run status. Sorry this doesn't find the cause, but hopefully someone else out there won't lose a project.

Thanks,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC5063.1B249B30]

DAKOTA KELLEY

Dakota Kelley's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-09-30
Reputation: 1

I am just copy-pasting a post that solved my Parametric Runs Errors bug:

I think my work Collage figured out how to fix this bug.

For all crashing PR models.

It should take you no longer than 15 minutes to fix.

You need to follow these directions precisely:

Open a NEW equest file.

Click "start a new model with the wizard"

Hit schematic design.

You'll see the 1st window pop up. HIT the red button X.

Whatever the next pop up is, hit NO.

Go to File, IMPORT 

Cancel the 1st window the pops ups then a 2nd window will pop up import
your INP file from your crashing model.

Hit no when it asks you to preview the import.

You should have the model back up, but you need to upload the weather
file.

Go to the building shell tab.

Right click on "project" in the component tree. Go to properties.

Specify the NC code. Enter " TMY/WASHINDC.bin" for the weather file. (or
whatever file you need for the project)

Hit no when it asks you to preview the import.

Run the baseline and make sure it matches the same report as the
crashing model.

When you verify that it all matches, get your PRD file from your crashed
model.

Take this prd file and copy it to whatever location your new model is
at.

Rename the prd file to the same filename as your new model.

You should be good to go.

(Karina Raczka figured this out)

Franz Haller
MarinaK's picture
Offline
Joined: 2012-03-23
Reputation: 0

I am just copy-pasting a post that solved my Parametric Runs Errors bug:

I think my work Collage figured out how to fix this bug.

For all crashing PR models.

It should take you no longer than 15 minutes to fix.

You need to follow these directions precisely:

Open a NEW equest file.

Click "start a new model with the wizard"

Hit schematic design.

You'll see the 1st window pop up. HIT the red button X.

Whatever the next pop up is, hit NO.

Go to File, IMPORT 

Cancel the 1st window the pops ups then a 2nd window will pop up import
your INP file from your crashing model.

Hit no when it asks you to preview the import.

You should have the model back up, but you need to upload the weather
file.

Go to the building shell tab.

Right click on "project" in the component tree. Go to properties.

Specify the NC code. Enter " TMY/WASHINDC.bin" for the weather file. (or
whatever file you need for the project)

Hit no when it asks you to preview the import.

Run the baseline and make sure it matches the same report as the
crashing model.

When you verify that it all matches, get your PRD file from your crashed
model.

Take this prd file and copy it to whatever location your new model is
at.

Rename the prd file to the same filename as your new model.

You should be good to go.

(Karina Raczka figured this out)

Franz Haller
MarinaK's picture
Offline
Joined: 2012-03-23
Reputation: 0