Job Posting - Energy Engineer at Karpman Consulting
Karpman Consulting is a leading energy consulting firm based in
Glastonbury, CT. We are seeking to hire a full time energy engineer.
• Perform hourly building energy simulation using eQUEST and
similar energy analysis tools for LEED documentation, design support, and
incentive program participation.
• Support the design and operation of state and utility energy
efficiency incentive programs, including authoring technical guidelines and
• Perform energy audits, including ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 audits,
and author reports.
• Evaluate the design of building mechanical, electrical and
architectural systems by analyzing drawings and specifications in terms of
energy efficiency. Provide recommendations and calculate energy savings.
• Explain technical terms and concepts to non-technical
• Degree in mechanical engineering (the combination of a related
degree and relevant experience may also be acceptable)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience in building HVAC systems preferred
• Energy modeling experience preferred
• EIT/PE, LEED AP, CEM, and BEMP are a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits including
Please send a cover letter and resume to mike.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Energy-Models.com is a site for energy modelers, building simulators, architects, and engineers who want learn the basics, to advanced concepts of energy modeling. We've got online training courses and tutorials for eQUEST, Trane TRACE 700, OpenStudio, and LEED for energy modeling. All our energy modeling courses are video based. What better way to learn energy modeling software than screen-casts of exactly how things are done?