Thornton Tomasetti, a premier international building design firm, has an opening for Energy Analyst with the Sustainability Practice in its San Francisco office. Our unique work culture fosters innovation and provides an engaging and supportive professional environment.
The Energy Analyst will work with a talented team of environmental designers, energy analysts, and engineers to provide technical expertise in energy efficiency and sustainable design. This individual may also have the opportunity to execute HVAC and plumbing system investigations of existing buildings and to design remedial repairs for deficient conditions.
• Provide innovative sustainability and energy efficiency solutions and strong engineering/ analysis capabilities.
• Provide technical energy analysis in the SF office.
• Coordinate closely with the Façade Engineering and Renewal practices.
• Perform building energy simulations in support of the design and construction of high performance buildings
• Perform spreadsheet-based calculations of potential energy savings opportunities for projects at the planning stages and for policy development.
• Participate with team members in sustainable design charrettes, workshops, and design competitions.
• Review LEED credit documentation related to energy performance for compliance with standards.
• Manage work and serve as point of contact for Title-24 programs.
• Work with a multidisciplinary team of design professionals
• Interface with clients and attend meetings
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
• Assist with the growth and development of the Sustainability Practice
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Science with EIT credentials, or related field.
• 3+ years of related experience.
• Specialized technical expertise in energy analysis, modeling, and energy code compliance using eQuest.
• Strong technical experience with commercial/institutional building systems design & operation and the implementation of energy conservation measures in buildings.
• Demonstrated aptitude with energy modeling and design software – eQuest and/or Energy Plus, TRACE, and HAP; Grasshopper and Radiance a plus.
• Strong graphics skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and Revit.
• Excellent technical writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute numerous project responsibilities simultaneously.
• LEED AP preferred.
• Experience working with Title-24 preferred.
• Energy Auditing experience and/or training preferred.
• Some business travel may be required.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Our excellent benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, and a matching 401(k) plan. Please see our website, www.ThorntonTomasetti.com, for more information about our firm.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Energy-Models.com is a site for energy modelers, building simulators, architects, and engineers who want learn the basics, to advanced concepts of energy modeling. We've got online training courses and tutorials for eQUEST, Trane TRACE 700, OpenStudio, and LEED for energy modeling. All our energy modeling courses are video based. What better way to learn energy modeling software than screen-casts of exactly how things are done?