Last post

Hi All,
The hourly data for DB, WB is showing up as 0. Any ideas why that might be
- may be new version issues? Someone else had this problem before - has it
been resolved?
-Rohini

R B's picture
R B

Weather parameters are read from a weather file. What file are you using ?

Joe Huang

Joe Huang's picture

The weather file is fine - the temps in SS-D and SS-J reports seem fine,
and I have used it before with the older versions of eQuest. There probably
is some minor coding error in the new version of eQuest.
-Rohini

R B's picture
R B

I think the issue is in the conversion to .csv format. The weather information seems to be fine in the .sim file, but when the results are exported to .csv, they are all zero. I haven't noticed this issue with any variables other than those from the weather file. I also noticed that the dew point shows up as -900000 in the .sim file and 0 in the .csv, but I am not sure if that is related.

Tim Johnson

The weather file is fine - the temps in SS-D and SS-J reports seem fine, and I have used it before with the older versions of eQuest. There probably is some minor coding error in the new version of eQuest.
-Rohini

Tim Johnson's picture

So where are the 0 DB or WB showing up? It doesn't help to raise a red flag without any
details.

Joe Huang

Joe Huang's picture

in the hourly report excel file.

R B's picture
R B

I believe Tim is correct that it is in the .csv conversion and it is a new issue to version 3.65 for some building hourly parameters (certainly the weather values). In eQUEST under ?Non-hourly reports? you can specify the hourly data save format. If you set it to Formatted (as shown above) the hourly data gets written to a .hsr text file in the project directory. If you do this with the weather file (I am playing with the Toronto CWEC weather file because Toronto is rather the world?s laughing stock right now given the antics of the mayor), the drybulb and wetbulb values in the .hsr report will be 0 ? just as they will be if you use the File Export hourly results or if you use the ?Hourly Results? button in D2SimViewer.

If you leave the ?Hourly Data Save Format? as the default ?No Save?, the hourly results will be imbedded in the .sim file and the weather parameter values will be reported.

bfountain's picture