Receptacle loads

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

The receptacle loads between my proposed and baseline models do not match exactly.  They both come up as 0.7W/sf, but the total for the baseline is 65,322 kWh and the proposed is 65,003 kWh.  Is this enough to worry about for a LEED review?  I've checked that my miscellaneous loads and areas match between the models.  I called CDS and they had me remove the miscellaneous control power from the equipment in the chilled and heating plants; when that didn't work they had me remove the parasitic energy from the energy recovery devices.  Still no luck.  Any thoughts?

ajuran's picture

are any of your misc loads set to an energy source other than electricity?  I left one set to none that cause me some grief a few weeks back.

gemmellbj's picture

The best way to solve this problem is in this video (starting at 2:07). The free video cuts out, but if you have access to the training this tells you exactly how to solve this problem in under 10 minutes.

http://energy-models.com/training/trace-700/using-trace-700-microsoft-excel

joetoday's picture
TRACE 700 User

ajuran, I do not see a significan t difference between the two, you're only talking ~300kWh. So long as they account for at least (not exaclty) 25% of your overall performance rating method, then you should be ok...saying that if youre plug loads amounted to 28% of your performance rating method by cost (not consumption) then you've met the 25%.

Be Sustainable -- Never let today use up tomorrow!.

Bobba_Fett's picture