nominal ventilation for heating and cooling

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello. We are modelling residential building for LEED purposes. In room check sum reports AIRFLOW section, Nom Vent cfm are different for cooling and heating. We already checked that cfm and schedule are the same for heating and cooling in CREATE ROOM airflow tab, ventilation section. Does anyone know why even though we have the same cfm and schedule? Thanks.
Oscar Buchely L.'s picture
Oscar, Is your question related to your baseline model or your proposed model? This may be related to your use of ASHRAE 62.1 methodology in Trace. Look into the room under the air flow tab, check the value for the heating zone air distribution effectiveness. If you have different values between the cooling and heating modes, your zone outdoor air flow will be corrected by the zone air distribution effectiveness. Check also your system ventilation flag (under create systems - advanced) to see if your summing up the room OA requirements or you are applying ASHRAE 62.1 system level correction. Hope this helps Hayssam Barhoun PEng, LEED AP, PhD, BEMP Senior Engineer | Mechanical Arup 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 2400? Toronto? Ontario? M4W 1A8 Canada t +1 416 515 0915 x24427? d +1 647 260 3427? www.arup.com
Sam_B's picture
Thanks Hilary and Hayssam. The system is constant volumen. In airflow I have NO in apply ASHRAE 62.1 so Clg Ez and Htg Ez are not activated. I have tried ASHRAE Std 62.1... vent resets and Sum Room OA Reqs under System ventilation flag but still the Nom vent are not the same.
I did like this:
Thanks Hilary. As you said heating design is Zero. Thanks for the help. Take care