Would anyone have any thoughts/experience with lowering demand to line up
with an energy model?

Our consumption lines up nearly perfect, while demand is significantly
larger in the summer months.

Any ideas welcome!

cid:image003.png at 01CDAB78.6524ACE0
Ben Hollon EIT, LEEDR AP BD+C, MBA

bhollon27's picture
Ben, You mentioned that the demand is larger ... I am guessing that you mean larger in your model, but I am not sure (visa-versa if higher in actual measured building). Since you mentioned that it is higher in summer I would check to see if the summer occupancy is like you expect or if (like a typical university building) the occupancy is lower in summer. It sounds like your daily load profile is much flatter than you have modeled. For example, you could model 12 hours at 100% lights, people, plug load, etc. or model 12 hours at 75% and 12 hours at 25%. Either way you can get the same consumption, but the demand will not be correct. I have just given a simple example, and it is not quiet this simple since the load cannot be spread out exactly as I have noted and keep the exact same consumption. However, this general idea will get you in the right direction ... flatter daily load profiles as defined by people, light and plug load schedules will help you keep the same consumption and reduce the demand. Scott
sparker's picture