LEED volume program

1 post / 0 new

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience modeling for the LEED volume program?  It allows large corporations or developers who are building a lot of identical buildings to prototype or template many of the LEED credits in order to expedite certification.

I have been reviewing the limited information available on the USGBC site related to the volume program, but it is scant on details and they don't have a reference guide for sale as they do for the rating systems.  Although it seems that EAp2 is eligible for this templating strategy.

Obviously energy modeling is sensitive to a lot of variables, and weather and orientation are invariably site-specific.  Nevertheless I assume there must be some allowance for creating a template model with standard envelope and HVAC systems/zoning which can be re-used by applying a new weather file and building orientation.

I have a client who is interested in pursuing this LEED volume program, and I am trying to get a handle on how much, if any, time can be saved by reusing one (or part of one) model, or if I will essentially have to create a whole new model for each building.  If anyone has experience with this I'd love to hear about it!  Thanks.

narkevic's picture