Equest-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 1

1 post / 0 new

If I only control lights, i.e., lower light schedule values from 2pm to 5pm, the lighting power consumption goes down as shown in Fig1 below.? ? ? ? ?Fig 1 Light power consumption with and without light control
What I don't understand is why the cooling consumption goes higher as shown in Fig 2, it should decrease due to decrease in lighting load.

? ? ? ? Fig 2 Cooling power consumption with and without light control

----- Forwarded Message -----

Send Equest-users mailing list submissions to
??? equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
??? http://lists.onebuilding.org/listinfo.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
??? equest-users-request at lists.onebuilding.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
??? equest-users-owner at lists.onebuilding.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Equest-users digest..."

Today's Topics:

? 1. Re: Parametric Runs off Separate .inp File
? ? ? (Nicholas Caton via Equest-users)
? 2. Re: Parametric Runs off Separate .inp File
? ? ? (Sharad Kumar via Equest-users)
? 3. Re: High cooling consumption before lights level are
? ? ? decreased (Sharad Kumar via Equest-users)

New to me (not really sure why it?s grayed out), but you could try manually inserting the model reference in the PRD file for the associated run(s).? ? Here?s an example of what that looks like in the interface (when you can access the tick box): ?. Versus what it looks like in the PRD file ? the relevant path looks like the 7th entry following ?PARAMETRIC_RUN?: ? Also I?m 99% certain the preceding ?TRUE? entry above is the state of the checkbox we?re concerned with.? Set that to TRUE as well. ? If you manually edit your PRD, then try re-opening / simulating that parametric, you?ll get a more informative error/caution to explain why it?s being disallowed in the first place.? Alternatively maybe it will just get ignored and won?t work? but worth a shot! ? On a related point:? I?ve been recently interested in fully deconstructing / reverse-engineering the structure of the PRD files for parametric analyses, and also understanding exactly how these inputs are leveraged to modify the INP file (preprocessing) prior to a parametric simulation.? Is anyone aware of any official/unofficial documentation already pulled together on this front? ? ~Nick ? Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
| ? Senior Energy Engineer
? Regional Energy Engineering Manager ? Energy and Sustainability Services
? Schneider Electric | D??913.564.6361
M??785.410.3317
F??913.564.6380
E??nicholas.caton at schneider-electric.com | 15200 Santa Fe Trail Drive
Suite 204
Lenexa, KS 66219
United States |
| |

? ?

via Equest-users's picture