Equest 3.65 shell issue

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

I know that the program was just released and no one has had too much time to tinker with it, however I'm running into an issue when outlining the footprint of the building using an autocad DWG. In the old version, I would import the desired autocad drawing and it would show up as a background so I could trace the building footprint and zoning pattern. However, in the new version when i import the cad file, nothing appears on the background. The drawings i am using work in the old 3.64 version with no issue. I have tried using different computers, different monitors, different drawings, and im at a loss. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? 

WBA Consulting Engineers 1090 Washington St. Hanover, MA 02339
thamwey's picture

I am having this same exact issue.
I've even gone through several threads - and tried saving under older DWG versions (2004/2007/2010) - still can't see the CAD file on the pad.
Sorry for the repetition of the question, but i'm hoping someone can get this answered asap.
Otherwise, do I just go back and use 3.64 ??

-Hansel

Sustainability Technologist

Toronto, Ontario 

Hmenezes's picture

I've been stuck using the old 3.64 version. I have found that if you do the shell in the old version, you can open it in the new version once you are past that step. Keep in mind that as soon as you open the file in the new version, it updates the file so it can no longer be opened in the old version.

-Tom

WBA Consulting Engineers 1090 Washington St. Hanover, MA 02339
thamwey's picture

I'm having the same problem of CAD imports not showing up in the footprint/zoning boxes. I tested it by opening up a project I recently completed in 3.64 and checked if the CAD drawing would present in 3.65 and it would not.

I can't think of any workarounds or fixes from the user end. It just means having to draw it free hand which isn't a big deal but defeats the purpose of the import function. 

I'm hoping an eQuest developer will stumble upon this thread and offer some advice.

Robert Larson, LEED Green Assoc Mechanical EIT, Mechanical & Electrical Dept. Transport, Infrastructure & Buildings Division SNC-Lavalin Infrastructure & Construction 235 Lesmill Road Toronto | Ontario
Rob.Larson's picture