DOE 2.3 run time

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi everyone,

One of my recent models on DOE 2.3, with VRF, take much longer to run (~30min) than what eQUEST takes normally.
The calculation time isn't that long compared to EnergyPlus, but eQUEST has a tendancy to "completely freeze" the computer while the calculation is going... which is kind of troublesome.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? I'm wondering if it has to do with the VRF calculations.

Thanks for the feedback.

[Bouthillette Parizeau]
Patrick Lapierre_ing. BEMP
D?veloppement durable et Efficacit? ?nerg?tique
plapierre at | | t: 5143833747x2807

Avertissement / Disclaimer

Les informations contenues dans le courriel que vous venez de recevoir, y compris les pi?ces jointes, sont destin?es ? l?usage exclusif de la (ou des) personne(s) identifi?e(s) comme destinataires et sont confidentielles. Si vous n?en ?tes pas le destinataire, soyez avis? que tout usage en est interdit. Si vous avez re?u ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le retourner ? l?exp?diteur et le supprimer compl?tement de votre syst?me informatique.

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived.

Patrick Lapierre's picture
Joined: 2015-01-28
Reputation: 0

Hi Patrick,

I have been to this a month back for one of my project. Further analyzing it in simulation output report says that it happened because of convergence error.
I dig a bit more in quality control reporting under tools shows that the ratio for occupancy to fan schedules 0.00.
I went back to one of my saved model in which I did not assigned the schedules and HVAC capacities, rectified my schedules and capacities again.
That reduce my modelling time form 30 min to 2 min approximately.
The error in the below image were not available in simulation output file after every simulation, i checked it n number of times and then finally I got issue in my model.
Hope this will help!

[cid:image001.png at 01D53D63.427506C0]

[cid:image004.png at 01D53D64.35A64250]
Warm Regards
Harshal Gupta
Energy Performance Analyst, iCRC US
Built Ecology

[cid:image001.png at 01D2D9F8.DAF21260]
T+ 91 120 480 8419
F+ 91 120 480 8480
M+ 91 83 7793 5404

FC-24, First Floor, Sector 16A,
Filmcity, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
201 301

Gupta, Harshal's picture
Joined: 2019-07-09
Reputation: 0