508 Compliance/VPAT

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
eQuest Users: I am in process of obtaining the building simulation "eQuest" software, but first have to get IT approval via my DHS government agency, The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. I was tasked with finding out if eQuest had already been evaluated for 508 Compliance. If so, can you lead me to a document that states this compliance? I appreciate your assistance. Thanks!
Harper, Tim's picture
Hi Tim, My gut tells me that eQUEST itself would not need to be evaluated for 508 Compliance as it is available at no cost to anyone who has a computer to download it on. I can't think of any accessibility issues that would come into play related to downloading or operating eQUEST itself, although there may be some for people whose disabilities require modifications to their computers, but again, those wouldn't be caused by the software. Can you explain to your IT people (!) that is just a bunch of mathematical algorithms gathered up in one place for the purpose of modeling how energy is used in a building? Good luck, Carol
Carol Gardner's picture

Extra thought:

Equest, like much software developed for use in a Windows OS, will adopt
whatever environment color scheme you've set up - so I suppose that
would take care of visual contrast/colorblindness issues (or if your
school colors sneak in, in my case).

Related office shenanigans when your colleague leaves their desk: left
shift + left alt + print screen key (it's reversible)

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

Nick-Caton's picture